• About Us

    The Universities Council on Water Resources (UCOWR) was founded in 1964 as an expansion of the Universities Council on Hydrology.  UCOWR is an association of universities and organizations leading in education, research, and public service in water resources. UCOWR members and delegates are at the forefront of water resources related research and education, and represent various fields of natural and social science.


All Announcements


Join us in Fort Collins, Colorado, for the 2017 UCOWR/NIWR Annual Conference!

View the call for abstracts here.

Click here to submit your abstract.

The abstract submission deadline is to January 20, 2017.

Abstract acceptance decisions will be emailed in February.

Nominations for 2017 awards are now being accepted through February 3, 2017.  

Warren A. Hall Medal

PhD Dissertation Award

Education and Public Service Award

Water in a Changing Environment

June 13-15, 2017

Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado











Abstracts are now being accepted through January 20, 2017.  


Gain exposure for your products and services by exhibiting at the conference.  Multiple sponsorship opporunities are also available. 


Online registration will be available in February 2017.  Conference registration fees will be as follows:



Learn more about our scheduled plenary speakers here


A room block is being held at the Hilton Fort Collins.  $149/night + tax. This is a 15 minute walk to the conference venue, the Lory Student Center on CSU's campus.

Dorm lodging is also available on CSU's campus.  Single rooms are $65/night and double rooms (you get to specify roommate) are $85/night. Dorm lodging includes breakfast and lunch each day of your stay.  The dorms are about a 1/2 mile walk to the Lory Student Center. 


A discount for shuttle service from Denver International Airport to Fort Collins is available through Green Ride. 



Contact Melissa at the UCOWR home office -- This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 618-536-7571. 



If your university or institution is a member, then so are you!
Click on the map to find out.

For more info on becoming a member, click here.