June 26-28, 2018
More info will be added to this page as it becomes available!
CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS: The Conference Planning Committee invites you to propose a Special Session for the conference. See more info here.
CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS
Universities Council on Water Resources (UCOWR) and National Institutes of Water Resources (NIWR)
2018 Annual Water Resources Conference
June 26-28, 2018 in Pittsburgh, PA
Join us as we head east to the "Point" of confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers, in the transformed "Steel City," Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for the 2018 UCOWR/NIWR Annual Conference.
The Conference Planning Committee invites you to propose a Special Session for the conference. A special session organizers' role is to propose a relevant and timely topic, recruit speakers to submit abstracts to the session, and moderate the session during the June 2018 Conference. Special sessions can be in the form of a panel discussion, a group of 4 or more oral presentations on a specific topic, or a group of lightning (5 minute) talks followed by group discussion. Multiple session track proposals are welcome. Those interested in organizing and hosting a special session should provide the following information:
- Title of proposed special session
- A brief description (less than 350 words) stating the importance of the topic and the rationale for the proposed session
- Organizer(s), including contact information
- Type of proposed session(s): panel discussion, full length talks (20 min), or lightning talks (5 min) followed by discussion
- A draft list of presenters (to submit abstracts via the general call for abstracts) and their tentative titles.